Terraria – a world of adventure and exploration. A drill? How do you make one? Let’s go deep and uncover the secrets of crafting this powerful tool.
Pickaxes won’t cut it – drills are the way to go. They easily tear through blocks, giving you the treasures and resources you seek. But how do you get one?
15 Hellstone bars from the fiery depths of the underworld and 12 obsidian (made by pouring water over lava) are needed. An anvil or forge is also necessary. Craft your drill, equip it and feel the power!
I had an exciting experience crafting my own drill. I set out on a dangerous quest to get the materials. With determination, I succeeded. Back at my base, I crafted the drill and equipped it. I felt a rush of excitement as I imagined the possibilities.
The drill made light work of the blocks in the mysterious cavern. It reminded me of the endless potential Terraria holds for those who explore. So don’t stop! Get your own drill and unearth your destiny.
Tools and Materials Needed
When crafting a drill in Terraria, specific tools and materials are needed. Let’s see what they are:
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Iron Bars – 15
- Wood – 10
- Chain – 2
- Iron Ore – 5
These components are key for making the drill. Plus, iron bars form the frame, providing sturdiness and strength. Wood makes the handle, giving a comfy grip while drilling. Chain links the parts together, ensuring smooth movement. Lastly, iron ore needs refining to create iron bars, which is the center of the drill.
Pro Tip: To get these materials faster, try exploring underground caves or mining. These areas often have iron ore and wood.
Step 1: Gathering Resources
Gather the resources needed for making a drill in Terraria with this 3-step guide:
- Mining Ores: Go underground and get Iron and Lead ores. These are needed for the drill’s basic components.
- Fight Enemies: Battle foes to get rare drops like Stingers and Souls of Night or Light. These items help enhance the drill.
- Explore Chests: Look for hidden chests in underground caverns. They often have Bars and Gems, which are useful during the drill-making process.
Remember, each suggestion is important for gathering resources. Mining ores gives building blocks, fighting enemies gives rare drops, and exploring chests offers valuable materials.
By following these steps, you can get the resources to make a strong and efficient drill in Terraria.
Step 2: Crafting the Workbench
Crafting a workbench is a must for making a drill in Terraria. It helps players easily explore underground areas. Here is a 5-step guide:
- Gather wood. To do this, chop down trees with an axe or any other suitable tool. Collect at least ten pieces.
- Open the crafting menu. Find it in your inventory and click on it to access the crafting interface.
- Craft a workbench. The recipe consists of four pieces of wood in a square shape. Click on it to craft.
- Place the workbench. You’ll find it in your inventory; equip it and choose a spot in your base/dwelling.
- Set up the workbench. Click on the chosen location to set it up.
Now you know how to craft and set up a workbench. This helps you progress further in creating a drill. Plus, it can enable more complex recipes and be a base for other stations like furnaces or looms.
Step 3: Crafting the Iron Anvil
Create an Iron Anvil in Terraria by following these steps:
- Melt Iron Ore in a Furnace to get 5 Iron Bars.
- Find a Work Bench. Interact with it to open the crafting menu.
- Choose the Iron Anvil recipe, which needs 5 Iron Bars.
- Click Craft to make the Iron Anvil.
This item is necessary for advancing in Terraria. Make it right away!
Pro Tip: Put the Iron Anvil close to the Work Bench for easy access while crafting.
Step 4: Crafting the Sawmill
- Get Wood: Collect 10 wood blocks. You can get wood by cutting down trees with an axe.
- Make a Workbench: Use the gathered wood blocks to craft a workbench. Open your inventory, select the wood, and click the workbench icon to create it.
- Place the Workbench: Find a spot in your world and place the workbench there. Left-click or tap any surface to put it there.
- Make Iron/Lead Bars: Now use the iron or lead bars you mined. Combine at least 10 of them with the workbench to make a sawmill.
- Collect the Sawmill: Right-click or tap on the sawmill to add it to your inventory.
You can now make your drill!
Pro Tip: Collect enough wood before crafting the sawmill. You’ll need it for other items too.
Step 5: Crafting the Lead Anvil
Creating the Lead Anvil is key to making a drill in Terraria. Here’s how to do it!
- Get 5 lead bars by smelting lead ore in a furnace, and 8 wood from trees.
- Next, use the wood to build a workbench – just place it on solid ground and right-click on it.
- Then, use the workbench to craft a basic anvil.
- Upgrade it to a lead anvil by dragging it onto a slot next to your character’s sprite.
- Combine 5 lead bars with the upgraded anvil in your inventory, and you’ll have yourself a sturdy lead anvil.
- Finally, left-click while holding it in your inventory to place it.
Remember: you’ll need a furnace and resources for smelting before attempting to craft the lead anvil.
Did you know? Anvils have been around for centuries! They were used for blacksmithing, and now they’re used in many different industries.
Crafting the Lead Anvil is essential for making powerful tools like drills in Terraria. Now you can be prepared for exciting adventures in this captivating sandbox game!
Step 6: Combining the Workbench, Iron Anvil, Sawmill, and Lead Anvil
Combining the workbench, iron anvil, sawmill, and lead anvil is key to making a drill in Terraria. Here’s a guide:
- Set up your workbench. Find a spot in your world and place the workbench. This will be the base for all crafting.
- Craft an iron anvil. Gather iron bars and make the iron anvil. Put it near the workbench.
- Build a sawmill. Get wood blocks and iron bars and make the sawmill. Keep it close to the workbench.
- Create a lead anvil. Use the sawmill to get lead bars and make the lead anvil. Put it near the others.
Remember, having everything nearby saves time.
Pro Tip: Upgrade your crafting area as you go. More space and better stations help make advanced items faster.
Step 7: Crafting the Drill
To craft the Drill, you’ll need to combine resources! Here’s what you need to do:
- Obtain 18 Hallowed Bars. Smelt Hallowed Ores at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil for these.
- Collect 12 Souls of Fright from Hardmode mechanical bosses (The Destroyer, Skeletron Prime, and The Twins).
- Buy 5 Crystal Shards from the Wizard NPC. He appears after defeating Plantera.
Once you’ve got all the materials, head to your Anvil. Mix the 18 Hallowed Bars and 12 Souls of Fright to make the Drill. This tool will let you mine different types of terrain with ease.
Pro Tip: When you’re ready to go mining, remember to equip the Drill in your inventory. Have fun drilling!
It’s time to make your own drill in Terraria! You’ll need wood, iron bars, and chains. Craft them at an anvil to create your drill. Then you can use it to dig through blocks with ease!
Not only that, but drills can also be used as weapons. While they don’t do as much damage as swords or bows, they hit enemies multiple times quickly. This makes them great for taking down weaker foes.
Pro tip: when using a drill, consider its speed and power. Different drills have different stats, so pick one that fits your needs. If you need to dig through tough blocks like obsidian or Hellstone, get a high-powered drill. But if you’re just mining regular dirt or stone, a faster drill is better.
Now you know how to make and use a drill in Terraria! Conquer the depths of this pixelated world!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What materials do I need to make a drill in Terraria?
A: To make a drill in Terraria, you will need 10 Iron Bars and 8 Wood.
Q: Where can I find Iron Bars in Terraria?
A: Iron Bars can be obtained by smelting Iron Ore in a Furnace or Hellforge.
Q: How do I obtain Wood in Terraria?
A: Wood can be obtained by chopping down trees using an axe.
Q: What workbench is required to craft a drill in Terraria?
A: You need a Workbench to craft a drill in Terraria.
Q: How do I place the drill in Terraria?
A: Once you have the drill in your inventory, simply select it and left-click to place it in the desired location.
Q: Can drills be used as weapons in Terraria?
A: No, drills in Terraria are primarily used for mining and cannot be used as weapons.