You’re probably on this website because you’re planning to buy a grease gun soon. The question is, what exactly do you need a grease gun for? If you need it for small do-it-yourself projects like greasing the bearings of your vehicles, a small grease gun may be your best bet.
Mini grease guns are easy to handle with one hand and they generally dispense grease moderately. After using a grease gun, you’ll love how easy it is to use. You should be able to refill it with much ease. Although there are many of them on online stores, this article lists the best pistol grip grease guns below.
Take time to see the features of each of them, and you’ll understand why they are among the best. In addition, you’ll also learn the features to look for in small grease guns. And you’ll also find the answers to some frequently asked questions.
Our Picks of Top 10 Best Pistol Grip Grease Guns:
1. Performance Tool W54204 Pistol Grip Grease Gun
This is a great grease gun with a pistol grip design. It is sleek and smooth. The design makes greasing super easy. You won’t believe that this gun can put out the pressure of 7000 psi. Also, its heavy-duty construction makes for ruggedness and durability.
It has an air bleeder valve that curbs air lock. Just open the valve and the trapped air will escape. Once grease starts coming out of the air bleeder valve, it means the air has escaped. The valve is very important because air lock is a common problem with grease guns, and it often happens when you reload them. So, you’ll definitely encounter air lock several times, no matter how careful you are.
You can refill this gun in two ways – cartridge replacement or bulk refill. The gun works with a 14-oz cartridge. It weighs only 2.5 pounds and it has a current Amazon rating of 3.8 stars.
- This gun works with a standard 14-oz grease cartridge.
- Its output pressure is 7000 psi.
- You can refill it either through cartridge replacement or through bulk refill.
- The product weighs 2.5 pounds.
- There’s an air bleeder valve to curb air lock.
- You can be sure of its durability and ruggedness.
- It has an Amazon rating of 3.8 stars, and that’s fair.
2. STEINBRÜCKE High Performance Heavy Duty Pistol Grip
This pistol grip gun has two color variants. You can choose the blue and black variant or the silver and black variant. Both variants are equally visually appealing.
Another stunning feature of the product is the 27-inch flex hose. Also, you can reload it by changing its cartridge, by bulk suction refill, or by dispenser pump. Its leakage-proof design will prevent leakage even if the canister gets deformed.
Apart from the 27-inch extension hose with a spring guard, its pack also contains an extension tube and a coupler. It also has an air bleeder valve. You already know what that is used for.
If you purchase this particular product, you’ll enjoy a 2-year warranty. It has a weight of 3.72 pounds and an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
- This grease gun comes in two variants.
- You’ll find a 27-inch extension hose in its pack.
- It can be refilled in 3 ways.
- The device weighs 3.72 pounds.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- There’s an air bleeder valve that takes care of air lock.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
3. Lincoln 1134 Extra Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Grease Gun
This grease gun will pump out an ounce of grease with 50 full strokes, and that’s fair for its size. Its output pressure is 7500 psi.
Its filler nipple works with its air bleeder valve to prevent air lock. There’s an 18-inch hose and a 6-inch extension in its pack for easy access.
The product works with a 14-oz grease cartridge. You can either change its cartridge or load it through bulk refill. The gun weighs 2.8 pounds and has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- The grease gun comes with an 18-inch hose.
- It also offers a 6-inch rigid pipe for easy access.
- With 50 full strokes, this grease gun will pump out 1 oz of grease.
- The filler nipple works with an air bleeder valve to prevent or eliminate air lock.
- It has an output pressure of 7500 psi.
- The product weighs 2.8 pounds.
- It works with a 14-oz grease cartridge.
- An Amazon rating of 4.5 stars confirms its quality.
4. Bravex Heavy Duty Professional Pistol Grip Grease
This grease gun’s chrome-plated canister is quite attractive. This finish makes it resistant to corrosion and rust. You can reload it through suction refill or cartridge replacement.
You’ll also love its leakage-proof design. Even when the canister is dented, grease won’t seep out.
You have 30 days to try and return it if you don’t like it. The grease gun weighs 3.52 pounds and it has an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
- The gun has a chrome-plated finish.
- It is resistant to corrosion and rust.
- You can reload it in two ways.
- It has a leak-proof design.
- The grease gun weighs 3.52 pounds.
- And it has an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
5. LockNLube Pistol-Grip
The grease gun has a loop & lock storage feature that prevents grease from leaking out while being stored. It comes with a 20-inch hose that makes it versatile. Also, it has an in-line swivel.
Its rubber grip is very easy to handle. It also comes with a coupler. The grease gun puts out pressure of 5000 psi. With 30 strokes, 1 oz of grease will be pumped out.
You can load it through bulk refill, suction, and cartridge replacement. Choose the most convenient method for you. Its bulk-load port makes bulk refill easy, while the air bleeder valve eliminates air lock. The gun weighs 3.64 pounds and has an Amazon rating of 4.7 stars.
- The grease gun has a flow rate of 1 oz per 30 strokes.
- Its loop & lock feature prevents grease from seeping out while in store.
- It comes with a 20-inch hose, a coupler, and an in-line swivel.
- The gun outputs a pressure of 5000 psi.
- You can load it in three ways.
- It has an air bleeder valve to eliminate air lock.
- The gun weighs 3.64 pounds.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.7 stars.
6. UTOOL Pistol Grip Grease Gun
This gun pumps grease at a maximum pressure of 8000 psi. That’s the highest pressure so far on this list, and it’s highly commendable. Its iron die cast head will go through anything in your hands.
Also, its pistol grip design makes it easy for you to operate it with one hand. It has an air bleeder valve that takes care of air lock. You’ll push out trapped air by pressing a single button.
The product comes with a 6-month warranty. It comes with an 18-inch flex hose, a bend pipe, a straight pipe, two normal couplers, and a sharp type nozzle. Moreover, it weighs 3.61 pounds and has an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
- The grease gun has a maximum output pressure of 8000 psi.
- Its pistol grip design makes it easy for you to operate it with one hand.
- Buyers of the gun will enjoy a 6-month warranty.
- With its air bleeder valve, you’ll push out trapped air by pressing a single button.
- It comes with several accessories.
- The gun weighs 3.61 pounds and has an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
7. Carbyne Grease Gun – Pistol Grip
This grease gun was manufactured in the United States. It develops up to 7500 psi output pressure. And it comes with an 18-inch heavy-duty hose with a spring guard.
It also comes with a coupler, a needle nozzle, a straight tube, and an angled tube. Furthermore, it is designed for one-hand operation. Its air bleeder valve eliminates trapped air easily.
Wow! It comes with a lifetime warranty. You can replace its 14-oz cartridge, do a bulk suction refill, or opt for a filler pump. Apart from all the accessories mentioned above, it also comes with a bulk fill port. The grease gun weighs 3.34 pounds, and it has an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
- The grease gun is made in the United States.
- It has an output pressure of 7500 psi.
- You’ll find several accessories in its pack.
- The gun is designed for one-hand operation.
- It can be refilled in three ways.
- A weight of 3.34 pounds is cool.
- Users have given it an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
8. LUMAX LX-1152 Heavy Duty Deluxe Pistol Grease Gun
This grease gun is another masterpiece. You can easily operate it with a single hand. It comes with an 18-inch extension hose. And it develops up to 7000 psi working pressure.
Based on its features, it has earned an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars. You can be sure about its durability.
You can easily eliminate trapped air through its air bleeder valve. And you can refill it through three methods. With 100 strokes, this gun will output 4 oz of grease. It comes with an 18-inch hose, four hydraulic couplers, and a non-drip cap. Finally, it weighs 2.5 pounds.
- The gun pumps out 4 oz of grease with 100 strokes.
- It is designed for one-hand operation.
- It can develop up to 7000 psi.
- You’ll find an 18-inch extension hose and several other accessories in its pack.
- Some of its users have confirmed its durability.
- It has a weight of 2.5 pounds and an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
9. Lnchett Grease Gun, Professional Pistol Grip
The 18-inch extension hose that comes with this grease gun makes it easy to reach tight corners. And its non-slippery, pistol grip handle makes it possible for you to use it with only one hand. Its solid construction offers durability and ruggedness.
You only need to press the air bleeder valve to release the trapped air. The gun weighs 3.14 pounds and has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- This gun comes with an 18-inch hose and a coupler.
- You can easily operate it with a single hand.
- It is said to be rugged and durable.
- The air bleeder valve eliminates trapped air easily.
- It weighs 3.14 pounds.
- And it has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
10. REXBETI Grease Gun, Pistol Grip Grease Gun
If this gun’s maximum pressure of 7000 psi doesn’t draw you in, its 18-inch flex hose should. And you’ll find 2 standard couplers, 2 metal extension tubes, and a sharp type nozzle in its pack.
The grease gun is designed for a single-handed operation. It works with a 14-oz grease cartridge.
You only need to press the air bleeder valve to push out trapped air. The product weighs 3.21 pounds, and has an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars.
- The grease gun develops up to 7000 psi working pressure.
- It comes with an 18-inch flex hose and several other accessories.
- You can easily handle it with a single hand.
- It weighs 3.21 pounds.
- The product has an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars.
- And it works with a 14-oz cartridge.
How Many Ounces of Grease Does a Grease Gun Pump?
Different grease guns have varying flow rates. You’ll find some guns that can pump out up to 4 oz of grease with 100 strokes, while some other guns dispense 1 oz with 30 strokes. Another set of grease guns pumps out 1 oz of grease, but with 50 strokes. Most grease guns will fall into one of these three categories of flow rates.
How To Load or Refill a Pistol Grip Gun?
There are three methods of loading or refilling a pistol grip gun. You can remove the empty cartridge and insert a new one. The second method is to opt for a bulk refill using the bulk-load port at the head of the gun. And the third method is through the pumping of the plunger. Of all, the cartridge replacement seems to be the easiest.
To conclude this article, we’ll assure you that all the ten products described above are the best for now. You can pick any of them, and you’re good. All of them are durable and they dispense grease efficiently. That’s why they all have high Amazon ratings.